GDPR Privacy notice
GDPR Privacy notice
Karen's Karma Room takes the confidentiality of my clients extremely seriously. This page explains how I comply with the General Data Protection Regulation regarding what data I hold and how and why I store, process and dispose of it.
WHAT DATA DO I HOLD?
• Clients’ personal details such as name, address, date of birth.
• Contact details for next of kin, such as name and phone number.
• Clients’ private therapeutic notes including background information and assessment.
WHY DO I HOLD IT?
I will use the above information ONLY in relation to the specific treatment or mediation course you are on. I hold contact details securely and for the sole purpose of contacting you about your treatment or course you are doing with me.
DO I SHARE IT?
I will under no circumstances share any personal details with any third party unless legally obliged to do so.
HOW DO I STORE IT?
I store all client details in a locked filing cabinet.
For the protection of myself and you the client any personal details will be retained for five years, after which it will be destroyed.
YOUR CONSENT FOR ME TO HOLD YOUR DATA
All data detailed above is held and processed with the consent of the client. From 25thMay 2018, I am is legally obliged to obtain consent to process data in the case of all its existing clients. If you do not think you have been asked for such consent please contact me as soon as possible.
I hold and processes personal details relating to a client’s treatment and only as specified above in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Where there is lawful basis under the GDPR, clients have the right to:
• Request a copy of this data;
• Request correction of any inaccurate or out-of-date data;
• Request erasure of this data when it is no longer necessary to hold it;
• Request the transfer of this data to another data controller;
• Withdraw consent to the processing of this data at any time.
All the above complies with the General Data Protection Regulation using contract as a lawful basis for processing the data we hold